Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you should already be aware that social media has drastically changed today’s global culture. It’s affected how we communicate with friends and family, stay updated on news, and even how we make purchase decisions. As confirmed by Social Media Today, 71% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase based on social media referrals.
More often than not, smart businesses today are grasping the idea that social media can play a major factor when consumers are evaluating their business for a purchase, or loyally engaging with their brand. But if you’re just getting started with creating a social media presence for your business, where should you begin?
At 30.8%, Facebook is the most likely to influence purchases more than other social platform. Based on this stat, having presence via a Facebook business page and building relationships socially with your following is one of the first steps to providing your business added exposure where consumers are naturally researching, connecting and most importantly shopping today.
Below are 5 quick tips to help you start to boost your Facebook business page likes and gaining the visibility your business needs online:
- Integrate your Facebook business page link onto your business website
- Make sure the prospects and customers that visit your business website know that you can be found on Facebook by having your Facebook business page URL linked on your website
- You can simply add your Facebook business page URL within your website copy, within your contact info area, or include a social media plugin onto your website template
- Invite your family and friends to like your Facebook business page
- As your business page, search for family and friends and send them an invite to like your page
- Use your personal profile to create a post asking friends and family to like your page and include your business page link
- You can also suggest your Facebook business page to your email contacts by uploading your contact list file, or uploading contacts from ConstantContact, MailChimp, Yahoo, iCloud, Outlook, and more
- Spread your business page visibility through the social reach of your staff members
- Ask your staff to share your business page URL by creating a post on their personal Facebook profiles encouraging their following to like your Facebook business page
- Encourage your staff to cross-promote your business page by creating a post on their other social networks like Twitter or LinkedIn that introduces your agency and shares your Facebook business page URL
- Create content worth social sharing
- People share content that they find engaging, so switch up your content with different engaging formats like articles, photos, videos, infographics, and more
- People are more inclined to share content that resonates with them and think others would enjoy, so share content that is light-hearted, provides educational tips about your business, or how to use your product
- Integrate your efforts
- Increase your business page’s visibility by integrating your Facebook business page URL on your offline efforts and as part of your normal business practices
- Create awareness among your audience by incorporating your business page URL on any direct mailers, business signage, sponsorship banners, business cards and other business collateral
With these 5 quick tips to boosting your Facebook business page, you’ll be well on your way to growing your following. Which ultimately helps to increase your overall online presence and provide your business a new platform to interact with potential prospects, engage with loyal customers, and leverage referrals from advocates.
Want more tips? Subscribe to our blog to receive the latest marketing tips and tricks straight to your inbox, or shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org